17 September 2012

MINKPINK x SAH Mixtape!


Babes & Babettes! We are SO excited to announce the official release of our first ever MINKPINK MIX. We teamed up with DJ Surf Ambassador Hendo to spread the MINKPINK endless summer sound across the globe! Enjoy! X
  

So, who is the mastermind behind this track? Read up on an exclusive interview with DJ SAH.

Photobucket


Where ya from homie?
I'm from La Jolla, California but currently reside in Downtown LA.

Where do you get your music inspo?
I get musical inspiration from everything and everyone around me.  A large part of my inspiration comes from disco, the 80s, the beach, and songs that elicit having a good time and shakin' yer' groove thang!

List your favorite current Jams:
- Van She - Idea of Happiness 
- Tiger & Woods - Gin Nation 
- Poolside - Kiss You Forever
- Trails And Ways - Mtn Tune 
-Hot Chip - Look At Where We Are (Major Lazer vs Junior Blender Mix)
-George Michael - Careless Whisper 

How long have you been Mixin?
I've been involved with music all my life but have been twistin' knobs and DJing for about 2 years now.

Photobucket

Lets talk about the name: Surf Ambassador… where did it come from?  
The name Surf Ambassador Hendo stems from my love of surfing and the ocean in general.  I'm certainly not the only ambassador of the surf out there but surfing has always been and always will be a huge part of my life.  Having already established some sort of a bizarre presence with my Surf Ambassador Hendo blog, I felt it only made sense to keep the name and use it for DJing as well, even if it's the longest DJ name in existence ha.
Tell us about your blog (link blog: http://surfambassadorhendo.blogspot.com/) , what can we find on there?
About 5 years ago, I started a surf blog for fun.  The blog eventually evolved into a more eclectic site involving surfing, video, photography, art, lifestyle, and music.  On it, you'll see it has all sorts of things that inspire and interest me ranging from new musical jams I'm feelin', some surf happenings, art exhibits, the occasional showcase of beautiful women doin' cool stuff, all of my dj mixtapes/edits/videos I make, and everything else that I find weird in this World!  

Have you ever been to Aus?  
Never been to Aus but it's definitely number one on my list of places to go!

Favorite place to travel?  Plans to travel?  Next destination?
My favorite place to travel is the island of Tavarua, Fiji.  With two of the World's best waves, 80 degree water, breathtaking tropical scenery, and not a car in sight; Tavarua is the most easy going and relaxing place I've ever been to.  I definitely want to start traveling more in the near future and am trying to get out to Aus as well as France.  I'd like to check 'em both out because all of my current favorite musical acts are either coming out of Aus or France and they both have been known to have great waves and heaps of frothy nightlife!  Yeeeeeeeow!  

Photobucket

Favorite activity?
My favorite activity besides riding on a segway is surfing.  Being in the water does something really spiritual to me and relieves me of stress and other cares.  Surfing is always fun, I'm constantly learning new things from it, and I feel so refreshed and alive after each time I get out there.
Define Frothing:  
Daaang, that's a toughie but I suppose if I had to define my favorite word in the World aka "Frothing", basically, I'd say it's a state of extreme excitement, so much so that you're literally frothing at the mouth. For example: I was completely frothing at the mouth when I scored perfect waves, djed an epic party, and then realized it was free Slurpee day! 

What was your inspo behind the MINKPINK TRACK?
There's definitely a few things that inspired the MINKPINK Mixtape I made.  Being that summer is nearing an end over here in the states, I wanted to showcase a few of my favorite jams from this summer in hopes of preserving what has been one of the best ones yet!  I also noticed that the Global 2 2012 MINKPINK campaign has a very summery/tropical/fun/beach vibe to it and I thought the songs would act as a great voice if the clothes could talk :)

How would you describe a MINKPINK girl?
From the looks of things, I'd describe a MINKPINK girl as fun, adventurous, down to earth, worldly, wild, free, dreamy, and ultimately, the kind of girl I see me and my mates getting along quite well with.

"Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this.  I hope everyone enjoys the mix as much as I did creating it!  Froth on!" 

-SAH


Photobucket


Photobucket

Follow us on bloglovintwitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from followers makes our world go round!!!
We read every comment.
Feel the love hommies!

Love the MINKPINK team xx